This Month In Servo 128
(2019-04-22) What's up with Servo for the weeks of 18 March 2019 - 22 April 2019
In the [past month](https://github.com/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is%3Apr+is%3Amerged+closed%3A2019-03-18..2019-04-22 +user%3Aservo+), we merged 189 PRs in the Servo organization’s repositories.
Our roadmap is available online, including the team’s plans for 2019.
This week’s status updates are here.
- paulrouget is redesigning the desktop embedding to better support splitting the compositor from the constellation.
- mmatyas is implementing support for compressed WebGL textures.
- ferjm is implementing parts of the Shadow DOM API in order to support UI for media controls and complex form controls.
- ferjm added support for replaying media that has ended.
- ferjm fixed a panic that could occur when playing audio on certain platforms.
- nox ensured a source of unsafety in layout now panics instead of causing undefined behaviour.
- soniasinglad removed the need for OpenSSL binaries to be present in order to run tests.
- ceyusa implemented support for EGL-only hardware accelerated media playback.
- Manishearth improved the transform-related parts of the WebXR implementation.
- AZWN exposed some hidden unsafe behaviour in Promise-related APIs.
- ferjm added support for [using MediaStream](https://github.com/servo/media/pull/227 objects) as media sources.
- georgeroman implemented support for the media canPlayType API.
- JHBalaji and others added support for value curve automation in the WebAudio API.
- jdm implemented a sampling profiler.
- gterzian made the sampling profiler limit the total number of samples stored.
- Manishearth fixed a race in the WebRTC backend.
- kamal-umudlu added support for using the fullscreen capabilities of the OS for the Fullscreen API.
- jdm extended the set of supported GStreamer packages on Windows.
- pylbrecht added measurements for layout queries that are forced to wait on an ongoing layout operation to complete.
- TheGoddessInari improved the MSVC detection in Servo’s build system on Windows.
- sbansal3096 fixed a panic when importing a stylesheet via CSSOM APIs.
- georgeroman implemented the missing XMLSerializer API.
- KwanEsq fixed web compatibility issue with a CSSOM API.
- aditj added support for the DeleteCookies WebDriver API.
- peterjoel redesigned the preferences support to better support preferences at compile-time.
- gterzian added a thread pool for the network code.
- lucasfantacuci refactored a bunch of code that makes network requests to use a builder pattern.
- cdeler implemented the missing DOMException constructor API.
- gterzian and jdm added Linux support to the thread sampling implementation.
- Boyan Ding
- Felipe Janer
- Ian Moody
- Jack Britton
- Julian Descottes
- Kamal Umudlu
- Masayuki Nakano
- Russell Cousineau
- Sonia Singla
- Thomas Delacour
Interested in helping build a web browser? Take a look at our curated list of issues that are good for new contributors!