This Month In Servo 126
(2019-03-11) What's up with Servo for the weeks of 4 February 2019 - 11 March 2019
In the [past month](https://github.com/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is%3Apr+is%3Amerged+closed%3A2019-02-04..2019-03-11 +user%3Aservo+), we merged 176 PRs in the Servo organization’s repositories.
Our roadmap is available online. Plans for 2019 will be published soon.
This week’s status updates are here.
- peterjoel is replacing the preferences hashtable with a data structure generated at build time.
- ferjm is implementing parts of the Shadow DOM API in order to support UI for media controls and complex form controls.
- asajeffrey is implementing support for WebVR reftests
- jdm improved the rendering of 2d canvas paths with transforms applied.
- sreeise implemented the DOM interfaces for audio, text, and video tracks.
- ceyusa added support for hardware accelerated rendering in the media backend.
- jdm prevented a panic when going back in history from a page using WebGL.
- paulrouget enabled support for sharing Gecko’s VR process on Oculus devices.
- asajeffrey made fullscreen content draw over top of any other page content.
- jdm fixed a regression in hit-testing certain kinds of content.
- paulrouget added automatic header file generation for the C embedding API.
- jdm converted the Magic Leap port to use the official embedding API.
- Manishearth added support for media track constraints to getUserMedia.
- asajeffrey made the VR embedding API more flexible.
- Manishearth implemented support for sending and receiving video streams over WebRTC.
- jdm redesigned the media dependency graph to reduce time spent compiling Servo when making changes.
- Manishearth added support for extended attributes on types in the WebIDL parser.
- asajeffrey avoided a deadlock in the VR thread.
- jdm fixed a severe performance problem when loading sites that use a lot of
- asajeffrey implemented a test VR display that works on desktop.
- Manishearth implemented several missing WebRTC callbacks.
- jdm corrected the behaviour of the
contentWindowAPI when navigating an iframe backwards in history.
- Niko Pen
- Patrick Ngai
- Peter Hall
- Steve Sweetney
- Yuichi Tanikawa
- Yuki Toyoda
Interested in helping build a web browser? Take a look at our curated list of issues that are good for new contributors!