This Week In Servo 3
2014-09-17 What's up with Servo for the week of 9-16 September, 2014
Cargo unshackles us from makefiles and submodules (mostly), and keeps us running alongside the rest of the Rust community. Additionally, mach makes the build system easy to extend.
- Jack Cargoified servo
- Clark added bloom filters for CSS selector matching. This resulted in a speed improvement of 3.7x for http://cnn.com
- Patrick added premultiplying of PNG alphas
- Matt added support for
- Glenn improved support for background images
- Manish added a lint to help type-check transmutes
- Jack fixed loading of file URLs with spaces
Stuff discussed in the meeting:
- Bugs related to testing on the static suite
- Clark’s bloom filter work and performance improvements as a result of it
- Tables: We’re probably going to help work on table spec
- COW DOM issues and design
- Rust inheritance: It’s time to look at the full set of options proposed as RFCs, taking into consideration what are the biggest pain points of simulating inheritance in Servo today.